Author Topic: Any games at GXE?  (Read 4138 times)

Fromper

• Pathfinder
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • One Star GM
    • View Profile
Any games at GXE?
« on: June 11, 2012, 11:11:25 am »
Does anyone have any plans for a game at this place? Our group was thinking of maybe meeting there later this month, but I wanted to see if there was already anyone else setting something up.
Mash - Shadow Lodge Barbarian 13
Isabella - Silver Crusade Cleric 6
Yzarctihstab - Taldor Gnome Sorcerer 4
Qassir - Qadiran Dervish/Rogue/Halfling Opportunist 3
Corin - Andoran Bard 2
Azkadellia - Sczarni Sorceress 2
Seamus - Grand Lodge Halfling Cleric 1
Nagagorjo - Lantern Nagaji Battle Oracle 1

Whiskey Jack

• 2 Star GM
  • Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
Re: Any games at GXE?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 01:32:11 pm »
Fromper is correct- we just talked about it yesterday. I'd also like to hear from any one who is interested in a game there.

Amber

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 09:49:12 am »
Right now it looks like we'll be hosting something on either July 14 or 21.  But we still have to rally up our GMs, decide what to run and then start advertising so we can get a decent turnout.  So far I'm thinking about the following:

- We Be Goblins (DM by a certain red head who I have yet to convince)
- First Steps part 3 (DM by Fromper)
- something mid-level (DM by Whiskey Jack)

Then that leaves me to help coordinate the mustering and getting people to different tables and if we need a 4th DM I can probably run something if necessary. 

This is going to probably the first public event we're coordinating.  So any advice would probably be helpful.  Hmmm - how many tables do we need to get boons to give away?

I think our strengths right now is that our DMs are going to run excellent events.  I know each of them will be properly prepared and have read the module in advance.  As such, the players are definately going to have a good experience. 

I think our weaknesses right now is that we've never been to GXE so there's a lot of uncertainties regarding how we'll be received.  We also have no idea how the crowd will be.  However, I think we have a decent enough network of PFS players that we should have enough players for 3 tables. 

Whiskey Jack

• 2 Star GM
  • Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 02:52:53 pm »
This is going to probably the first public event we're coordinating.  So any advice would probably be helpful.  Hmmm - how many tables do we need to get boons to give away?

I think an event has to have 15 tables to qualify for boons.

Personally I think you should be DM'ing since you do a good job- especially with high level games.

Whiskey Jack

• 2 Star GM
  • Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 10:28:13 am »
Ok, I am just awaiting approval from the store owner for our proposed game day on the 14th. We have enough GMing power for four tables and will try to run a variety of scenarios. I will post an official listing for the game day here once everything is set.

Looking forward to having a large turn-out of Pathfinders!

Whiskey Jack

• 2 Star GM
  • Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 04:53:45 pm »
We are working with the store owner for a possible game day on the 25th of August. I will keep folks informed here.

Artaxerxees

• Pathfinder
    Attack Member
  • First God created Idiots, then there's DnD 4E!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 05:21:13 pm »
Props to those that can get an Aasimar and Tiefling chronicle sheet for me at the game day.  Fingers Crossed...
Evelyn Bigglesworth 1/2 Elf Duelist 12, Galant 1/2 Elf Magus 9, Rocky Graniteslinger Dwarvin Cleric 6, Venox Phalanx Fighter 3, Mayhem Alchemist 3, Preacher Galliant Paladin 2, Foodstuff Bard Prankster 1, Smog Fire Elementalist 1

Whiskey Jack

• 2 Star GM
  • Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 10:21:02 am »
Unfortunately, racial boons are only available for events which are hosting enough tables (15+) to qualify for convention support from Paizo. (I would really like to have an Aasimar boon myself!)

We heard back from Gary, btw, and the 25th of August is not going to work at the store (too much going on already). My group is brainstorming for alternative dates based on everyone's busy August schedules (GenCon puts quite a crimp in things).

I will continue to keep folks in the loop on developments.

galahad0430

• Pathfinder
    Attack Member
  • Venture Captain for Miami-Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 01:04:01 pm »
Hi all, I'm back from hiatus :) I may have good news regarding boons, I will keep you all informed. Also, there is the new updates to the players guide coming up shortly (they do one just before GenCon) and it will be incorporating new material hopefully. The second it posts, I will provide the link here.

Tom

Whiskey Jack

• 2 Star GM
  • Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 03:35:53 pm »
Last discussion I had with my group was that Labor Day weekend (Sept. 1st-3rd) might be workable for a GXE game day. We will talk with Gary about how feasible that is based on the current calendar of scheduled events.

Artaxerxees

• Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 07:20:19 pm »
Hi all, I'm back from hiatus :) I may have good news regarding boons, I will keep you all informed. Also, there is the new updates to the players guide coming up shortly (they do one just before GenCon) and it will be incorporating new material hopefully. The second it posts, I will provide the link here.

Tom

Do you know if they are going to allow certain races freely or is it taboo to talk about?
Evelyn Bigglesworth 1/2 Elf Duelist 12, Galant 1/2 Elf Magus 9, Rocky Graniteslinger Dwarvin Cleric 6, Venox Phalanx Fighter 3, Mayhem Alchemist 3, Preacher Galliant Paladin 2, Foodstuff Bard Prankster 1, Smog Fire Elementalist 1

Whiskey Jack

• 2 Star GM
  • Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 09:22:58 am »
Do you know if they are going to allow certain races freely or is it taboo to talk about?

It's not taboo for folks to "talk about"... Tom, being a VC, likely has access to info the general populous does not and likely cannot divulge. Here is a thread that lists the release date for the 4.1 guide as August 6th (five days from now, but the rules do not "go into effect" until the 16th) when we will all find out what will be opened up... link

It has been confirmed that three races will be opened up at that time but not which races. GMs were recently awarded a boon at Dice Tower by Kristie that opened up Kitsune/Nagaji/Wayang as options for those people... but I do not believe those will be the races opened up. My guess is that with the Aasimar and Tiefling books recently released that they will be two of the three. (Not only a marketing move, but designers have put extra thought into those two lately and to me that makes them likely candidates.)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 09:34:16 am by Whiskey Jack »

Pike

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 01:29:21 pm »
So when is the next GXE gameday planned?

Whiskey Jack

• 2 Star GM
  • Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2012, 12:13:48 pm »
I sent an email to Gary (the store owner) about the 1st of September. We will be short at least one GM (alas Richard is leaving us for the Great Lakes), but we can try to do something then. There is a M:tG tourney that evening, but it may not be very large (waiting on clarification from Gary). I will post here as soon as anything solidifies... in the meantime, you post your "wants" as far as scenarios you would like to play here. :-)

Artaxerxees

• Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2012, 07:42:39 pm »
... in the meantime, you post your "wants" as far as scenarios you would like to play here. :-)

Need to be done, year 2: 04, 05, 08, 10, 13, 16, 18, 20, 21, 22, 24, 26, &  ex.

Season 3: 1, 4, 6, 10, 11, 13, 15 and the rest of the season's mods need to be done.

Anyone else can shorten this list to narrow the list of mods of what they wish go go through.  A 5-9 mod is fine by me.  I don't know which ones are those.  In the end any mod I havn't done is fine.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 11:07:27 pm by Artaxerxees »