Author Topic: GXE Game Day on Saturday, April 6th, 2013  (Read 6903 times)

mrnobody

Re: GXE Game Day on Saturday, April 6th, 2013
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2013, 02:10:15 pm »
Can do a different season 1 lvl 1-4 if folks not so much interested in Silken Caravan
Talkik the Grey (bard1/rogue1), Ayarsis of the Light (cleric1), Gizmet (rogue1), Adjanni Bei (monk1), Kardith the Unclean (sorceror1), Haltim Keedz (druid1), Ish Ganock (witch1), Kartarushk (evoker1), Arth Born in Blood (barbarian1)

Amber

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2013, 09:04:42 pm »
Javaed - WhiskeyJack will send you a PM with details.

Mr Nobody - Lawrence - I wouldn't worry about your scenario, it's still early and we'll probably put Javaed at your table. Plus we have Mike from Japan who has signed up on our Meetup group but not posted here yet. Plus I know Andre will probably come. Plus I'm guessing Ed will also come. I also invited Jeep Mike and Restoration Car Mike (lots of Mikes to keep straight and they have come to our last 2 events). Plus we usually have walk-ins so we should have plenty of players to go around. If anything, we will definitely have new people so your Tier1-2 will likely be full.

KWHunter - I don't know if you've heard anything about Mists of Mwangi but is a very fun one with a nice " surprise" at the end too!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 09:09:14 pm by Amber »

Texhnolyze23

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2013, 11:26:13 am »
FYI - Looks like the GXE website/domain has expired.

Javaed

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2013, 07:58:00 pm »
In case anybody is wondering, I'm planning on bringing a melee focused inquisitor for the level 1 group.

Whiskey Jack

• 2 Star GM
  • Pathfinder
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2013, 09:59:23 pm »
In case anybody is wondering, I'm planning on bringing a melee focused inquisitor for the level 1 group.

I love Inquisitor as a class choice, but what deity??

Javaed

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2013, 10:55:49 am »
I love Inquisitor as a class choice, but what deity??

So I have an idea for the character, but I'm not sure how well it would work out based on the lore (I've played mostly home-brew Pathfinder thus far).  Maybe ya'll can help me out.

I like the idea of my character being a Varsian-born Tiefling who was abandoned by his parents and raised by a member of the Sczarni.  His Tiefling heritage manifested with very obvious physical signs, a larger frame, horns and a tail, so as he grew he quickly became a rather intimidating looking individual.  At a relatively young age he started working for the Sczarni as an enforcer, basically going after people who owed debts.  When left to his own devices he tends to be rather stoic and usually doesn't exert a very forceful personality but he does tend to intercede if he sees the helpless being abused.

As he began to reach adulthood he met and befriend a Ranger who worshiped Sarenrae.  This Ranger proved to be a strong influence on (NameToCome) who began to distance himself from some of the rougher Sczarni activities.  His Ranger friend taught him the basics of sword play and the beliefs of those who follow Sarenrae, until eventually he chose to follow the goddess as well.

He is unsatisfied with living the life of a basic thug and wants to do something more meaningful with the strength he was born with, so he's decided to become a Pathfinder.  He's moved to Absalom and has found employment as a Bartender/Bouncer in a Sczarni affiliated tavern.

Morganwolf

• Venture-Officer
  • Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2013, 04:31:05 pm »
So Rafael, for the scenario Below the Silver Tarn - what tier did you want to die at? ... Ahem PLAY at? 7-8 or 10-11?

Thanks,
H
I like the way you talk. Please if the tier allows it then higher tier 10-11. Were big boys and girls we can take it. In fact speaking for myself (and certain miami players) the more challenging the better.

Whiskey Jack

• 2 Star GM
  • Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2013, 05:05:48 pm »
Javaed,

That sounds like a very well thought out character concept... I have never seen an Inquisitor of Sarenrae. You'll have to pick a faction... Scarzni might be ok, tho they are not Squeaky clean as if you are choosing The Silver Crusade. Grand Lodge is a possibility if you want to play up the becoming a Pathfinder is his road to redemption. Scarzni will give you some interesting role playing though (based on your background).

AquaSky

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2013, 10:07:42 am »
Woud it be possible to fit two more in for Mists of Mwangi ? I haven't played that scenario, and I'd like to bring a friend, but he's new to Pathfinder and feels more comfortable being at the same table so I can give him a helping hand. My name is Joslyn and I'd like to run a Level 4 Oracle. My friend's name is Tommy and he was thinking of a Level 4 Druid.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 10:14:20 am by AquaSky »

Whiskey Jack

• 2 Star GM
  • Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2013, 11:17:48 am »
Joslyn,

I am happy to have your interest in the event! However we don't seat seven-player tables as they greatly impact the experience of the game for everyone involved. (Even six can be troublesome, IMO.) four of the seated players are couples and the other one has already played Infernal Vault.

What we can do is seat you at Mists with your Oracle and put your friend on one of the other two available tables... Then, once we are mustered, if someone on the Mists table doesn't show (it happens) or if someone is willing to swap at that time, we can move Tommy over to join you. Let me know if that is agreeable.

I understand the reason why you are asking and I can appreciate the circumstance- we try to accomodate when we can, as best we can. My advice is to assist Tommy in making a first level Druid in the comming week and review what he can do in-game... If he does end up playing on Lawrence's 1-2 table, I am sure he will be ok.

Jason (WJ)

mcalvery

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2013, 06:16:38 pm »
my wife and i would love to play but have never played PF before

mrnobody

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2013, 07:15:27 pm »
A first level druid would probably be very interesting in the Silken Caravan scenario as it takes place in a desert (entangle with cacti, animal friendship with jackals, trackless step over sand dunes, incredible riches with find water . . . )
Talkik the Grey (bard1/rogue1), Ayarsis of the Light (cleric1), Gizmet (rogue1), Adjanni Bei (monk1), Kardith the Unclean (sorceror1), Haltim Keedz (druid1), Ish Ganock (witch1), Kartarushk (evoker1), Arth Born in Blood (barbarian1)

Whiskey Jack

• 2 Star GM
  • Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2013, 08:30:39 pm »
my wife and i would love to play but have never played PF before

Email sent, we will try to work with you to find a good placement. :-)

Thess

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2013, 10:52:47 pm »
Hi, I visited GXE last week and I'm interested in playing Pathfinder Society.  I have experience playing and DM'ing Pathfinder but I've only played three society games and I've used pre-gens.  I'm making up a character but I'm not sure what class I'll be playing - I'll work it out this week.  What classes are needed most?

Please add me to one of the 1st and 2nd level games.  I will be there this Saturday.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 11:01:14 pm by Thess »

mrnobody

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2013, 03:24:13 am »
play whatever you'd prefer.  past 3 games I've done have been bards and rangers exclusively