Author Topic: New to Jacksonville  (Read 48 times)

Scottamemnon

New to Jacksonville
« on: August 11, 2018, 11:55:38 am »
Hello everyone, I am new to the Jacksonville, FL area from the Northeast.  Left all my gaming groups behind and looking for a new place to play.

I have very limited Pathfinder experience as my old group was a DnD 5e heavy group, but own a lot of the books.

I also have experience with Starfinder as both a GM and Player.

Have not played a Society game before, but would be looking for Starfinder and Pathfinder.  Especially interested in testing Pathfinder 2e(have my copy of the book).

Outside of Pathfinder I have 35 years of experience in roleplaying(started at 5).

Hope to play with some of you soon!

Snowcat

Re: New to Jacksonville
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 09:40:29 pm »
Welcome to Jax! We have a lot of stores around the city that run Pathfinder Society. Right now we have a smattering of stores that run Starfinder and Playtest.

My name's Anna. I both work at Java Game Haus and organize the Paizo events at the store. At Java we run Starfinder Society every other Monday and Playtest events every Saturday. The other organizers could tell you more about their own store's events, but Pathfinder Society is definitely popular in Jax!

Feel free to ask us any questions about the stores or events. Or.... Jacksonville in general. It's a big city.
[Anna G.]
Alistair Mayes (Archaeologist Bard 7) "It belongs in a museum!"
Mozzi Brighthood (Ratfolk Psychic 3)
Mimir Arkwright (Technomancer 1)
Peregrine Beta (Operative 5) "Two genders. Two guns. Nice."
Mimzy Brighthood (Mystic 1)

Scottamemnon

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 11:29:02 pm »
Thanks Anna,

I actually just visited your store today with my wife and 6yr old daughter!  Seems like a cool place, we didn't have board game cafe's in my old area so it was my first time at such a location.

I will probably try to make one of the next two Starfinder Society events there.  I really like Starfinder a lot personally(have all the sourcebooks to date).

whyzard

• Venture-Officer
  • Pathfinder
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • 4 star gm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 10:35:01 am »
Welcome to Jasckonville!
  My name’s Patrick . I look forward to seeing you at our tables. Java Haus does have the most activity for SFS and PF2. Cool Stuff Games Borderlands also have some going.
Grog Bacchus    1/2Orc   Brutal Drinker 11/Rage Chemist 3
Wauter Walgherlync    1/2Orc rogue 9
Ithielad Skyscribe   Elf Wizard11
Xu Fei   Aasimar   cleric 11
Kaimi Envoy 3
Imperator Rex Mystic 2
Black-1482 Technomancer
XiQuy Druid 10
and a 34 more...

Snowcat

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 10:36:21 am »
I'm glad you like the place! Though I feel silly that we missed each other because I was in the store all day doing Pathfinder Playtesting. Lol.

We're pretty crazy about Starfinder at Java. It's definitely our most popular Paizo game at this particular store. Though all of us are kind of waiting for Armory to be sanctioned for organized play so we can wreck havoc.
[Anna G.]
Alistair Mayes (Archaeologist Bard 7) "It belongs in a museum!"
Mozzi Brighthood (Ratfolk Psychic 3)
Mimir Arkwright (Technomancer 1)
Peregrine Beta (Operative 5) "Two genders. Two guns. Nice."
Mimzy Brighthood (Mystic 1)