Author Topic: August 13th Starfinder  (Read 104 times)

Snowcat

• Pathfinder
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
August 13th Starfinder
« on: August 06, 2018, 07:52:29 pm »
Java Game Haus will be holding Starfinder Society games every other Monday. If you've never visited Java before or if it's been a while, be sure to look at the "About the Store" section of this post and read about the store's rules and policies.

August 13th Announcements:
New scenarios are now available! There is one level 1-4, two level 3-6, one level 5-8. I'd also like to remind everyone that the mid-season special was played at Gen Con and the new scenarios for October will have spoilers. Me, Max, and Maria played the special, and I already have an idea of which things will be spoiled, and I gotta say, they made our table gasp. If you don't care, you don't need to worry. If you do care, AVOID READING THE SCENARIO BLURBS. We will avoid running spoiler scenarios until we run the interactive special in December.

Also: we're running the interactive special in December! "The Scoured Stars Invasion" is a multi-table event where a minimum of three tables play the same adventure simultaneously. Each success affects the overall mission, and each table has the chance to interact with the others. If you are interested in playing or running, definitely sign up here

New Players:
We will have pre-generated characters and Paizo numbers on hand. If you would like to make your own character, please come in 1-2 hours early for help, or see the resources below for how to make your own at home. If you play a pregen you will get a chronicle sheet that you can apply to your own character, so you will still get credit for playing. This character doesn't have to exist yet. If you decide that you would like to play in higher level game, just choose a pregen that can play in the tier or sub-tier, like the 4th or 8th. You will get credit as mentioned before, but you will not get credit til the character you create hits the level you played at. If you have any more questions feel free to contact us or talk with your Store's Liaison (Anna/Snowcat).

Paizo.com is where you will make an account and register a character. For detailed instructions on how to claim a Paizo number given at an event, click here.

Pathfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Guide has all the information you need for playing Pathfinder Organized Play, how to make your character differently from a home game, and special rules and cool things in Pathfinder Society games.

Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Guide has all the information you need for playing Starfinder Organized Play, how to make your character differently from a home game, and special rules and cool things in Starfinder Society games.

Signing Up:
When you ask to sign up for a spot we would like some info. We need your first name and which scenario you would like to play. If you know what your Class and Level will be, we'd like that too, but otherwise we'll play it by ear. Sign-up is first-come-first-serve, but there will be sign-ups across multiple sites. These forums will remain the only place where people can sign up for a particular scenario, and anyone who claims a spot here will have priority at the table they asked for. Otherwise, the remaining seats will be filled by people who registered on Facebook or Meetup, then by walk-ups.

*** Please remember to bring your reference materials. Chronicle Sheets and ANY book you are using a race, feat, spell, or item from are needed if they're not the Core Rulebook. PDFs are legal as long as it is watermarked with your name and email, which shows that you purchased it from Paizo's website. You can have these on a phone or tablet. If you do not have your reference material on hand then your character and/or item, spell, etc. is not legal for play. The exception to this are the pregens. You will be offered a pregen instead so you can still play and get credit for what you signed up for.

About the Store:
Java Game Haus is a boardgame cafe that is half coffee shop, half game store. Be sure to familiarize yourself with its more unique policies.

• No outside food or drink. Java is a cafe with a food and drink menu, as well as "Play-n-Eat" combos.
  • Table fees are $3 for players. GMs don't pay table fees. GMs also receive $2 in store credit for each player at their table. For multiple tables, we tally up the total players at an event and divide the credit amongst the GMs present.
  • All GMs and players get 15% off RPG supplies the day they play.
  • Table fees are added towards the Paizo Retail Incentive. Retail Incentive Receipts only count when paid with cash or card, not store credit. Payment can be split and the portion paid by cash/card will be counted.
[Anna G.]
Alistair Mayes (Archaeologist Bard 7) "It belongs in a museum!"
Mozzi Brighthood (Ratfolk Psychic 3)
Mimir Arkwright (Technomancer 1)
Peregrine Beta (Operative 5) "Call me your personal flirtation device."
Mimzy Brighthood (Mystic 1)

Snowcat

• Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
Re: August 13th Starfinder
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 07:57:27 pm »
Event Time: 6pm - 10pm

Event Code: 551,358

Table 1

Ashes of Discovery  #1-12  Tier 1-4

When a major Pact Worlds organization approaches the Starfinder Society about investigating an abandoned outpost in Near Space, the PCs get assigned to the case. Travelling to a distant world, surmounting dangerous threats in the void of space, and meeting new alien cultures—this mission is about everything the Starfinder Society embodies.

Ashes of Discovery is a replayable scenario designed to help introduce players to what it's like to be a member of the Starfinder Society. With randomized mechanical and story elements, when you play this scenario, you'll never play the same scenario twice.

Written by Crystal Malarsky and John Laffan

Tags: Repeatable, Starship

GM: Christian C.

1) Molly M.
2) Patrick W.
3) Max M.
4)
5)
6)

Overflow

The Blackmoon Survey  #1-18  Tier: 1-4

A Starfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 1–4.

Eox's Blackmoon region contains countless forgotten Eoxian ruins, leftovers from an apocalyptic assault on the planet. Few are allowed to dig up these sites, yet the Starfinder Society and undead bone sages maintain a joint academic venture known as the Blackmoon Excavation. When Starfinder archaeologists and undead workers begin disappearing from the site the Society sends in a team of agents to uncover why—a secret that resides in the nearby ruins!

Written by Jesse Benner

Tags: None

GM: Anna G.

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

RSVPs
Andrew G.
Scott L.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 06:13:53 pm by Snowcat »
[Anna G.]

C.TYR

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 08:47:04 pm »
YO, I'M RUNNING SKITTERSHOOOOOOOOOOT

Yeah, what Anna says, below
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 12:23:50 pm by C.TYR »

Kittygamer

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 04:56:08 pm »
I will be there!

Snowcat

• Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 08:13:22 pm »
Updated! Christian will be running Ashes of Discovery instead of Skittershot so we can save Skittershot for a game day.
[Anna G.]

whyzard

• Venture-Officer
  • Pathfinder
    Attack Member
  • 4 star gm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2018, 10:27:28 pm »
Count me in!
Grog Bacchus    1/2Orc   Brutal Drinker 11/Rage Chemist 3
Wauter Walgherlync    1/2Orc rogue 9
Ithielad Skyscribe   Elf Wizard11
Xu Fei   Aasimar   cleric 11
Kaimi Envoy 6
Imperator Rex Mystic 3
Black-1482 Technomancer
XiQuy Druid 10
and a 34 more...

Tolaam

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2018, 10:52:48 pm »
I'm in.

Snowcat

• Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2018, 11:59:15 pm »
Updated!
[Anna G.]

kaintheseeker

• Venture-Officer
  • Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
    • Callie's Cornacopia of Characters (and other things)
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2018, 02:26:30 pm »
Boo... wanted to play Skittermander shot
-Kyrie Ebonblade: Musket Master 5/Grenadier 6
-Cindrana Longpath: Tiefling Adm Wiz 13/PFS Agent 1
-Baroness Roasa Del Noire of Lower Zanim Cleric 11/EoB 2
-Rhea Silverman Tower Spec 11
-Akim the Crafty Lore Warden 3/Trapsmith 4
-Boom Stick McKraken Gun Tank 1/Spellbreaker 6/Shield Mars 3

Snowcat

• Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2018, 06:27:59 pm »
Sorry. It was a combination of new players that wouldn't get credit for it, and some players who have played it, but not enough of them to make a second table. We'll see if we can put it on a Game Day for people.
[Anna G.]

kaintheseeker

• Venture-Officer
  • Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
    • Callie's Cornacopia of Characters (and other things)
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2018, 08:01:21 pm »
It’s the reason I took the day. *(

No big, I’ll just have to accept an play what is being offered.
-Kyrie Ebonblade: Musket Master 5/Grenadier 6
-Cindrana Longpath: Tiefling Adm Wiz 13/PFS Agent 1
-Baroness Roasa Del Noire of Lower Zanim Cleric 11/EoB 2
-Rhea Silverman Tower Spec 11
-Akim the Crafty Lore Warden 3/Trapsmith 4
-Boom Stick McKraken Gun Tank 1/Spellbreaker 6/Shield Mars 3

Scottamemnon

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2018, 12:33:27 pm »
I am going to make it tomorrow for the session.  I have played the game before.  Is there one scenario over another that I should be in?  I will try to make a character ahead of time, but am ok with doing a pre-gen character too.

- Scott L
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 12:57:29 pm by Scottamemnon »

Snowcat

• Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2018, 06:03:41 pm »
Depending on how many walk-ups we have, it will either be one table of "Ashes of Discovery", or one table of Ashes and the overflow table being "Blackmoon". I would recommend playing Ashes of Discovery even if we open the overflow table because it's meant to be a good primer into the Starfinder Society's in-game lore. It's a repeatable, so those ones are meant to be great for introducing specific concepts-- like lore unique to the organized play, important setting locations, ect.

As for a character, you're welcome to make one before the session and bring them. The link to the Starfinder Roleplaying Guild Guide is in the first post and will be your place to read up on character creation differences between home games and Society.
[Anna G.]