Author Topic: Orlando - Sanctioned Module Events  (Read 1747 times)

Athansor

Orlando - Sanctioned Module Events
« on: June 11, 2013, 12:10:47 am »
I've been thinking about getting a few special events together to give players a chance to run their Pathfinder Society characters through the longer/bigger sanctioned modules.

Some examples are:

The Godsmouth Heresy (Levels 1-2)
Feast of Ravenmoor
Thornkeep (5 separate dungeon levels, varying from 1-7)

This could eventually/also include modules that let you use your characters past the normal levels provided by Pathfinder Society:

The Ruby Phoenix Tournament (Levels 10-12)
Academy of Secrets (Levels 12-14)
Tomb of the Iron Medusa (Levels 13-15)
The Moonscar (Levels 15-17)

Please keep in mind each of these modules is worth 3 experience points (or a full level), and 4 prestige points. There are no faction missions. They can take anywhere from 6-12 hours depending on GM familiarity and how much role-playing the group does, so they would need either longer or multiple sessions.

I'd also like to find other FLGS's to run these events at; some of the smaller stores to help them get exposure. If you have recommendations, especially in the East Orlando area, feel free to reply with them.

Please let me know what kind of interest there might be in this and get friends that might be interested to make it known here as well. If there's enough interest we'll set it up for sometime in the future. These events will likely be pre-reg only, as in order for these to run smoothly/quickly your GMs will need to prep/read ahead of time. Also let me know if this is something you'd be interested in GMing.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 01:35:59 am by Athansor »
Nick
Venture-Lieutenant for Orlando

Adrazel Felanimus, Inquisitor of Cayden Cailean, Scourge of Sobriety [9]
Arkaegis Xin'Mati, Theologian of Lustful Calistria [3]
Kinsik Carillon, Golden Cavalry of the Owlbear [5]
Jin Tatomi, The Ugliest Archer this side of Cheliax [4]

Dominick

• Venture-Officer
  • Pathfinder
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • I don't get paid enough for this!
    • View Profile
Re: Orlando - Sanctioned Module Events
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 05:50:40 am »
I will also add these to the con schedule, I am considering a high level for Hurricon this fall. It depends on interest.
VC Tampa, Florida
“with the breakdown of the medieval system, the gods of chaos, lunacy, and bad taste gained ascendancy.”
John Kennedy Toole, A Confederacy of Dunces

smurphy

• 5 Star GM
  • Pathfinder
    Attack Member
  • “Explore, report, cooperate.”
    • View Profile
    • ORC - Orlando Roleplaying Cooperative
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 08:09:24 am »
Most can easily take the equivalent of 3 4 hour slots, so they need to be played in multiple sessions, or at someone's home.

I can run any mod as well, I have all of the ones that are sanctioned.
Shane
VC -Orlando & the Space Coast

MattTjarks

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 09:44:10 am »
I'd definitely be interested in playing or running these but I'd probably only be able to join if they were happening on Sundays.

I don't own any of the modules but I'm always happy to pick them up to run them. I have all the currently sanctioned APs as well as Thornkeep and would be willing to run any of those as well.
Matthew Tjarks
1 Star GM

Grodd, Friend of the Jungle: Human Druid 6/Barbarian 1
Parimer, Friend to All: Dwarven Paladin 6
Scimitar, Zealot of Sarenrae: Tiefling Magus 2
Zelandra, Traveling Harrower and Cleric of Desna: Varisian Cleric 2

Andy

• 4 Star GM
  • Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 11:06:22 am »
Every module I've been a part of has been highly entertaining. When planning these, try and get input from some folks that have run them. Some can be done much faster than 12 hours, some as few as 6 if they players don't break the adventure. One we completed in about 2 hours, but it was because we broke it very early on.

On the other side of the coin, I ran the Ruby Phoenix Tournament for a well balanced group of power gamers and it took us almost 14 hours. And that was with me cutting out a couple combats that posed no threat to that group.
Games I havn't played or run:
S0: 4,22,23
S1: 34,43
S2: 26
S3: SP
S4: 11,20
S5: 18,20,21,22,23,24,25