Author Topic: PF2 Playtesting  (Read 107 times)

Snowcat

PF2 Playtesting
« on: July 12, 2018, 12:02:34 pm »
Paizo just posted about reporting opportunities for Pathfinder 2e Playtesting.

My question is how many of the regular PFS locations plan on running playtesting? It looks like a slightly different structure than what we'd expect with regular Society. New rules to explain, on top of a 7-part adventure that purportedly runs twice the time of a scenario per part. Our plan at Java is to run playtesting Saturdays to give a large buffer of time. I have no idea what the interest or intent is in the wider community for playtesting otherwise.
[Anna G.]
Alistair Mayes (Archaeologist Bard 7) "It belongs in a museum!"
Mozzi Brighthood (Ratfolk Psychic 3)
Mimir Arkwright (Technomancer 1)
Peregrine Beta (Operative 5) "They call me Perri Two-Guns on the account of my two guns."

Barick74

Re: PF2 Playtesting
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 03:48:15 pm »
Emerald Dragon plans on running 2.0 every other week on Wednesday.
Kyras Meirdrarel-HE Summoner 13
Zaos Folred-Halfling Rogue 6 (C)
Venrick Orsendale-Dwarf Qinggong Zen Archer 6
Drogheda Deadshot-HO Fighter 7 (C)
Barton Shadoweye-Human Unchained Rogue 7
Kade Surion-Human Druid 4 (C)
Pristis The Pyro- Sorcerer 1 (C)
Zarian Klex-Tiefling Alchemist 12

J.A.

• Venture-Officer
  • Pathfinder
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • "Roll High, Hit Low"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 06:56:37 pm »
Not sure as of yet. I want to seat and play at Gen Con and talk to those who have run it in person
"How do I know she's Evil? Simple. She's wearing Black Leather, holding a Whip and interested in me. She's Evil."

Corax'thyn (elf) Lvl 13 Rogue "Fears no Dragon"
For-Loc Gutbuster of Hammerhall (Dwarf) Lvl 2/8 F/Cleric
Mince (Goblin) Lvl 10 Ranger
Khelish the Cold lvl-10 Wiz Evoker

Snowcat

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 10:28:26 pm »
Java wants to use it like the Starfinder demos last year where we were able to drum up interest among brand new players. People will definitely sit at the table just to test drive a new game. We've already had completely new customers ask about PF2 and get excited about events firing for it, so at this point it's just a matter of event structure. My preference would be to run Doomsday Dawn every Saturday like a Game Day module. Start early, run to completion, and put a break in the middle. I'm honestly not sure if we will be able to fire the scenarios along side. We might put them on another day, but that would require someone besides me GMing.
[Anna G.]
Alistair Mayes (Archaeologist Bard 7) "It belongs in a museum!"
Mozzi Brighthood (Ratfolk Psychic 3)
Mimir Arkwright (Technomancer 1)
Peregrine Beta (Operative 5) "They call me Perri Two-Guns on the account of my two guns."