Author Topic: Starfinder Society News (February 2019)  (Read 684 times)

Snowcat

• Pathfinder
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
Starfinder Society News (February 2019)
« on: May 31, 2018, 09:18:59 pm »
Here are upcoming Starfinder products to look out for in the coming months. Remember that to use any player options from non-Core Rulebook sources you need to own either the physical product or a watermarked PDF purchased from Paizo.com.

Rulebooks
Alien Archive 3 is set to release in August (probably around or on Gen Con). We will be getting class-agnostic options for having animal companions!

Battle, befriend, or become more than 100 bizarre alien life forms in this hardcover creature collection for the Starfinder Roleplaying Game!

The galaxy hosts a staggering array of aliens, both bloodcurdling and benevolent. In this book, you'll find rules and background information about creatures ranging from spiral-winged irokirois and starmetal dragons to living holograms and body-snatching flayer leeches. You'll also find plenty of new equipment and player options, plus rules for gaining a creature companion that can accompany you as a pet, a mount, or even a fearsome combatant! And over a dozen species have rules for making your own playable alien character, so you can play a sapient swarm of tiny insects or a bioluminescent cephalopod native to liquid methane oceans. Wander the weird wilds of the galaxy with Starfinder Alien Archive 3!

Character Operations Manual is a new book set to release in the Fall next year. All we know about it right now is that it's meant to be a largely player-focused book with three new classes. The devs have described it as "the Advanced Player's

Adventure Paths
Dawn of Flame is set to release in February and returns to the six-part AP formula. It deals with an invasion of the sun and the subsequent shenanigans that involve trying to enter the heart of a star. The elemental planes are expected to be detailed more fully, especially the Plane of Fire. The geography of the Burning Archipelago will feature as well.

Attack of the Swarm! is set to release in August. We're getting a Swarm-centric adventure that details more types of Swarm creatures and possibly more information on Hylax.

Starfinder Society Scenarios
February:
#1-32  "Acts of Association"  Tier 1-4  (Repeatable)
#1-33  "Data Breach"  Tier 3-6  (Dataphiles)

March:
#1-34  "Heart of the Foe"  Tier 3-6  (Second Seekers [Jadnura], Second Seekers [Luwazi Elsebo])
#1-35  "Rasheen's Riches"  Tier 5-8  (Aquisitives, Starship)

April:
#1-36  "Enter the Ashen Asteroid"  Tier 1-4
#1-37  "Siege of Civility"  Tier 5-8  (Wayfinders)

May:
#1-38  "The Many Minds of Historia"  Tier 5-8  (Dataphiles, Exo-Guardians)
#1-39  "The Herald's War"  Tier 7-10  (Second Seekers [Jadnura], Second Seekers [Luwazi Elsebo])

Other:
Starfinder Beginner Box
More information to come
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 05:41:49 pm by Snowcat »
[Anna G.]
Alistair Mayes (Archaeologist Bard 7) "It belongs in a museum!"
Mozzi Brighthood (Ratfolk Psychic 3)
Mimir Arkwright (Technomancer 6)
Peregrine Beta (Operative 6) "They call me Perri Two-Guns on the account of my two guns."
Khutra Strongmaul (Mystic 1)

Snowcat

• Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
Re: Starfinder Society News (June 2018)
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 09:44:58 pm »
Paizo released some general information about Starfinder Society #1-99 and how it interacts with the scenarios after it.

Quick crash course for those unfamiliar with how Paizo's organized play seasons typically go (for those familiar, feel free to skip). Any scenarios labeled #X-00 or #X-99 are "specials", and -99 scenarios are always "multi-table specials". These specials require at least 3-4 tables and are usually played at conventions. They also tend to act as capstone adventures for that season's main storyline. The seasons will usually run for a full year, starting and ending with specific conventions. Pathfinder Society uses Gen Con as its season marker. Starfinder uses Origins. Because this is the first season, as well as the fact that Starfinder was released during Gen Con 2017, Paizo has declared that Starfinder Season 1 will be an extra long season. It will end with Origins 2019, but also include a "mid-season finale" in the form of SFS #1-99.

Back to the important stuff! Starfinder Season 1's storyline is, of course, the Scoured Stars. #1-99 is "The Scoured Stars Invasion" and has already been played at Origins this year. It WILL have lasting repercussions on the rest of the season and there WILL be spoilers for it in future scenarios. For more information on how things will go, here's an excerpt from the blog post explaining it:

Starfinder Society #1-99: The Scoured Stars Invasion, by well-known Paizo freelancer Mikko Kallio, saw its worldwide debut at Origins. This event is big, as in we're talking trinary star system big. While describing much of this scenario would be a spoiler-ridden minefield, I am pleased to say that it's an event that helps shape the future of the campaign and begins to pivot the Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild's (extended) first season. As a fan of modern television, I'd refer to this event as a strong "mid-season finale" that pays off many of our ongoing story threads, while also seeding some serious new plotlines into the campaign. For those interested in playing it soon, don't fret! There will be additional exclusive runs of this this event at PaizoCon UK and Gen Con 2018. Following Gen Con, this event becomes open for wider release at all qualifying events. If you're concerned about future scenarios spoiling the events of this interactive, we've got you coveredódon't expect any major follow-ups to this event until the September releases!

This scenario has the Exclusive, Faction (Second Seekers [Luwazi Elsebo]), and Starship tags.

How I imagine this will affect our Java Starfinder events is that me, Max, and Maria will look at the new scenarios as they release and attempt to avoid running spoiler scenarios until our non-convention players get a chance to play the special. It is entirely possible that Cayden's Crawl this year will feature #1-99 as an event, but it is faaaaaar to early to speculate with any certainty. Either way, expect #1-99 to be run sometime this autumn in Jacksonville.
[Anna G.]
Peregrine Beta (Operative 6) "They call me Perri Two-Guns on the account of my two guns."

Snowcat

• Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
Re: Starfinder Society News (June 2018)
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 08:11:31 pm »
Updated the main post. Biggest news is a Starfinder Beginner Box. No word yet on the September scenarios, but that's not surprising.
[Anna G.]

Snowcat

• Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
Re: Starfinder Society News (August 2018)
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 03:49:56 pm »
The September, October, and November Starfinder Society scenarios have been put on the website's store, and the September ones have their blog post up. Reminder that some of these scenarios have spoilers for the special interactive. You should NOT read their product page or the blog posts that announce them unless you are a-okay with spoilers for "The Scoured Stars Invasion".
[Anna G.]

Snowcat

• Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
Re: Starfinder Society News (December 2018)
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 10:36:51 am »
December update. Exciting for the new book announcement and playtest, obviously. Also, new scenarios were put in the store as I posted.
[Anna G.]

Snowcat

• Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
Re: Starfinder Society News (February 2019)
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2019, 05:27:09 pm »
We've been flooded with scenario previews! A veritable wave of 3-6 and 5-8 scenarios and even a new 7-10! Also a new Alien Archive for August. Alien Archive seems to be an annual release at this point. I wonder what percentage of this one will be furries anthropomorphic alien creatures.
[Anna G.]