Author Topic: GXE Game Day on Saturday, January 19th, 2013  (Read 5333 times)

Whiskey Jack

• 2 Star GM
  • Pathfinder
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
Re: GXE Game Day on Saturday, January 19th, 2013
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2013, 01:31:19 pm »
You put Flynt and Aisling on  table 3 instead of table 2, was that by accident?
We were thinking about running that at a later date after GXE... we would be having them (Flynt & Aisling) play it at that later time. I have already communicated with them for now- if we get more turn-out, Helene may run something and we may end up asking people if they would like to re-distribute at that time (obviously we don't want to "order" people to play X or Y, but we do need to park people at tables for now where we think they will work best). I am sure it will work out in the end... I should be updating more in the next couple of days.

Morganwolf

• Venture-Officer
  • Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2013, 11:09:31 am »
Hello guys, I had sent Helene an email wednesday about a couple of table changes for us, Slight change for Robert he will be joining table 3 with a level 1; as to our table 2 we will be joined by the following three people Ramon, Rene, and Matt to fill the table.

revel911

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2013, 04:28:54 pm »
Do I need to create a character before I get there? If so, what kind of point buy?

Whiskey Jack

• 2 Star GM
  • Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2013, 08:24:29 pm »
Hello guys, I had sent Helene an email wednesday about a couple of table changes for us, Slight change for Robert he will be joining table 3 with a level 1; as to our table 2 we will be joined by the following three people Ramon, Rene, and Matt to fill the table.

We will be making those adjustments tonight... I am afraid I was too busy over the last three days with some Six Sigma training I was doing. I am putting Robert on table 1 because he has a level 1 and table 3 is shaping up to be level 3-4 (I think). We can adjust once we have a final head-count.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 08:35:42 pm by Whiskey Jack »

Whiskey Jack

• 2 Star GM
  • Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2013, 08:34:44 pm »
Do I need to create a character before I get there? If so, what kind of point buy?

There are pre-generated characters available to play. We will have those available. If you want to make a character...

Quote from: whiskeyjack
There are specific rules about character creation for Organized Play... you can read all of them in this free PDF Guide to Pathfinder Society Organized Play. Please, if you can, please try to read through some of this as it will give you a really decent idea of what to expect.

I had tried to answer your question earlier in this thread- you are still welcome to come and join; however I really suggest that you read some of the PDF before hand as it will only help your experience overall.  :) If you do not create a character according to the PFS guidelines in the PDF, you will have to play a pre-gen as we do not have time to create a character for you prior to the game.

WhiskeyJack (Jason)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 09:11:48 pm by Whiskey Jack »

Whiskey Jack

• 2 Star GM
  • Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2013, 08:39:05 pm »
GXE updated with options for table 4! We have added what scenarios are available should we get more people than we can sit at three tables tomorrow.

revel911

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2013, 10:00:37 am »
Thank you for the quick reply, I will probably just play a pre-gen for my first go around with Pathfinder and Organized play.

I apologize that I did not re-read your earlier post. I read it when you first posted, but that thought had misplaced me when the idea of character creation was in my head.

~Tommy

Whiskey Jack

• 2 Star GM
  • Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2013, 10:15:13 am »
Tommy, no worries. I will be glad to give you (and any other new players we have) a quick run-down on PFS and how things work once we have tables mustered. PFS has some structure to it, but it can be a very rewarding form of play. Afterwards, if we have a surplus of time (other tables run long), I can talk with you about how to get started a bit more.

See you at GXE! Should be a good turn-out and lots of fun. It's a great venue and we enjoy hosting there.
WJ

Whiskey Jack

• 2 Star GM
  • Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2013, 10:43:07 pm »
What a day! We had four tables run and saw some regulars plus some new faces... thank you to all players who came out to further the goals of the Pathfinder Society (and your own factions). I will be posting game results tomorrow... if you see any problems, please let me know and I will correct them as soon as I can.

WJ

Whiskey Jack

• 2 Star GM
  • Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2013, 08:31:00 am »
All games have been reported online as of 8:25am Sunday. Everyone, please review your information carefully and let me know if anything needs to be changed.

Also, we have eight players- some new and some who should know better- who have not registered their characters online yet. Just registering your account is not enough... please take time to register your characters themselves as it helps greatly in making sure 1. your character gets reported correctly (and name spelled correctly) and 2. that your hard-earned prestige gets counted toward your faction for the season. Factions will be greatly affected this year depending on how much their members participate and contribute prestige!

Thanks again everyone and please do contact me if my reporting has any issues- we did have some missing character numbers/factions, so I filled in as best as I can remember.

WJ

mrnobody

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2013, 11:08:47 pm »
Had a fantastic time.  Quick game, lot of fun
Talkik the Grey (bard1/rogue1), Ayarsis of the Light (cleric1), Gizmet (rogue1), Adjanni Bei (monk1), Kardith the Unclean (sorceror1), Haltim Keedz (druid1), Ish Ganock (witch1), Kartarushk (evoker1), Arth Born in Blood (barbarian1)

Javaed

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2013, 03:20:11 pm »
Hi, I'm a gamer in West Palm Beach who has been looking for a PFS group to play with.  Unfortunately it looks like I just missed this event.  Will there be a new one any time soon?

Whiskey Jack

• 2 Star GM
  • Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2013, 07:33:10 pm »
Hi, I'm a gamer in West Palm Beach who has been looking for a PFS group to play with.  Unfortunately it looks like I just missed this event.  Will there be a new one any time soon?

Our next GXE event isn't scheduled until early April. If there is a change in those plans, I will be posting it here. Are you a member of the meetup.com groups in the area that organize Pathfinder events? I know there are some options there.

Morganwolf

• Venture-Officer
  • Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2013, 02:29:51 pm »
The Miami group had a great time, Kudos to Holly for making the game enjoyable and challenging (which is the way we prefer). Should you be able to get something going before April we will be looking foward to it.

thanks once again!!

Javaed

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2013, 04:24:07 pm »
I'll take a look at the groups on meetup.com, I haven't used that site before.  I do most of my gaming at PPF, but unfortunately they don't have a PFS group.  They're also pretty heavily booked with CCG players.