Author Topic: New to tabletop RPG  (Read 330 times)

danarkdlg

New to tabletop RPG
« on: January 20, 2017, 01:02:21 AM »
Hi,
 My name is Dan and since deciding to delve into this genre it is all I can think about. I am currently in the process of creating my first character, a half-elf cleric. I am daunted by the amount of information needed to learn, but also exited about the depth I can see.

I grew up and still live in Jacksonville, FL. Electronic gaming has been my go-to pass time since a young age. RPG's in general are around my favorites, and i can now see where many of these games get their systems from. Neverwinter Nights was fun and now i understand what all the "rolling" was about  :D  I do read high fantasy books such as "The Wheel of Time" series by Robert Jordan, Shannara books by Terry Brooks, "The Riftwar Cycle" by Raymond Feist among many others ( Drizzt Do'Urden!).

I am excited and a bit nervous as i go to play for the first time on Tuesday, if all goes well.  Seeya around!

Zuri Dawnfire lvl 1 Cleric

whyzard

• Venture-Officer
  • Pathfinder
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • 4 star gm
    • View Profile
Re: New to tabletop RPG
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 07:56:46 AM »
Hi Dan!
  Pleasure to be gaming with you. Please go to http://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety and download the Roleplaying Guild Guide.  And make sure your cleric is built to PFS standards with a 20 point build, 150 gold, and 2 traits from at least the character trait http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ldww?Week-of-Free
                                                                                       Patrick Wishart
                                                                                       Venture Lieutenant
                                                                                       Jacksonville, Florida
                                                                                       904 lodge
Grog Bacchus    1/2Orc   Brutal Drinker 11/Rage Chemist 2
Wauter Walgherlync    1/2Orc rogue 9
Ithielad Skyscribe   Elf Wizard10
Xu Fei   Aasimar   cleric 11
Hsiri Komodo Paladin 5
Alistair Sorceror 3
Dophaz Oracle 2
XiQuy Druid 8
and a 23 more...

danarkdlg

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 02:35:04 PM »
Hi Dan!
  Pleasure to be gaming with you. Please go to http://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety and download the Roleplaying Guild Guide.  And make sure your cleric is built to PFS standards with a 20 point build, 150 gold, and 2 traits from at least the character trait http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ldww?Week-of-Free
                                                                                       Patrick Wishart
                                                                                       Venture Lieutenant
                                                                                       Jacksonville, Florida
                                                                                       904 lodge

Thank you. I am glad you said something as I didn't fully read the role-playing guide and rolled my stats. oops

whyzard

• Venture-Officer
  • Pathfinder
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • 4 star gm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 09:16:43 AM »
  I thought that may have been the case.
   Also if there isn't an opening for an adventure in your level range of characters, we do have a couple of binders of pre-generated characters. You will be able to play a higher level scenario and then apply the credit to your cleric, (or other characters,) later when your character gets to the level you played the scenario at.
  There are a number of other options that I'll go into detail about Tuesday.
Grog Bacchus    1/2Orc   Brutal Drinker 11/Rage Chemist 2
Wauter Walgherlync    1/2Orc rogue 9
Ithielad Skyscribe   Elf Wizard10
Xu Fei   Aasimar   cleric 11
Hsiri Komodo Paladin 5
Alistair Sorceror 3
Dophaz Oracle 2
XiQuy Druid 8
and a 23 more...

danarkdlg

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 06:52:09 PM »
So i re-rolled and i think i got it right this time. I've been using PDFs that i bought (core, advanced players) and printed all relevant spells and abilities, as well as the screen shoot of the downloads page on paizo. I'll be at cool stuff games on tues a bit early if anyone want to help review my char and make sure everything is in order for play. Thanks!