Author Topic: November 3rd Game Day at GXE - Pompano Beach  (Read 5630 times)

Whiskey Jack

• 2 Star GM
  • Pathfinder
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
Re: November 3rd Game Day at GXE - Pompano Beach
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 02:13:47 pm »
dang, turned around and suddenly 4 people at my table :-)

Well, we are still waiting for confirmation from a number of people that they are actually coming. With less than a week to go, hopefully we will hear from them. :-)

Turbopotamus

• Pathfinder
    Attack Member
  • Time waits for no one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 02:38:30 pm »
Hey Jason, I want to try our a new PC called Mifune (lvl 1 Samurai). I made it using Hero Lab. Are those character sheets kosher for organized play? 
Flynt the Thirsty (Fighter 4, Andoran)

Whiskey Jack

• 2 Star GM
  • Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2012, 08:07:36 am »
Hey Jason, I want to try our a new PC called Mifune (lvl 1 Samurai). I made it using Hero Lab. Are those character sheets kosher for organized play?

Making a character with Hero Lab (assuming you are using the right settings for PFS play) usually means the character is PFS ready- with two notable exceptions: one is that you can always over-ride things on Hero Lab, so just saying "it was made with Hero Lab" doesn't really equate to PFS-legal. Second, Hero Lab will present you with many options from many books and adventure paths you do not actually own... owning Hero Lab's libraries for those books is not the same as actually owning the book itself- a requirement for utilizing feats, traits, equipment, etc. that are featured in supplements beyond the core books. The one thing Hero Lab is great for is making sure you don't miss a bonus or double (or triple) stack types of bonuses.

Turbopotamus

• Pathfinder
    Attack Member
  • Time waits for no one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2012, 09:05:31 am »
Making a character with Hero Lab (assuming you are using the right settings for PFS play) usually means the character is PFS ready- with two notable exceptions: one is that you can always over-ride things on Hero Lab, so just saying "it was made with Hero Lab" doesn't really equate to PFS-legal. Second, Hero Lab will present you with many options from many books and adventure paths you do not actually own... owning Hero Lab's libraries for those books is not the same as actually owning the book itself- a requirement for utilizing feats, traits, equipment, etc. that are featured in supplements beyond the core books. The one thing Hero Lab is great for is making sure you don't miss a bonus or double (or triple) stack types of bonuses.

Gotcha. I'll stick with what I know (and books I own). Thanks for the info  :)
Flynt the Thirsty (Fighter 4, Andoran)

Rojolimar

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2012, 08:42:02 pm »
Hey guys, I'm super new to Pathfinder, even more new to PFS, and new to the store! New to literally all of this but I've wanted to play for the longest time now!

Can you guys help me get started? I really wanna go to this thing. :)
When it's just us, you show me what it feels to be lonely; you show me what it feels like to be lost. I take your hand for you to let it go.

mikehammer63

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2012, 08:35:41 am »
Pencil me in at Table two with my first level cleric, Nathan.

Whiskey Jack

• 2 Star GM
  • Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2012, 08:59:44 am »
    Can you guys help me get started? I really wanna go to this thing. :)

I have added you to table 2 along with Nathan. The "First Steps" series of scenarios are designed specifically for new players. There is a whole section devoted to newer players right here on the board. Here is a link to a thread in that section of the forum dedicated to introducing new players to Pathfinder Society Organized Play.

It may feel intimidating, but let's try to stick to some basic advice...

• Relax... everyone you will be playing with had to start somewhere- you are not alone and nobody is going to think less of you if you don't know everything your first time out.
    • Be on time. If you don't show before 1pm, you are not guaranteed a seat even if you signed up ahead of time. In the past, we have had to turn folks away because of full tables- don't let that be your first exposure to Organized Play! As a new player, show up early at 12:30 (what we call our "mustering time") so that you get information you need prior to starting.
    • If you don't have time to create a characer, don't worry- there are pre-generated ones you can use for your first game- just have an idea of what kind of character you would like to play.
    • Keep in mind this is Organized Play and there are rules for things (like gaining gold, XP, and levels) that are different from what is in the Core Book. (Again, see the thread above to get a quick run-down on what to expect.)
    • Let your GM know it is your first time and sit close to the GM so that she can easily help you through if needed... don't be afraid to ask questions.
    • Bring dice, paper and pencil for making notes, and a bit of patience for yourself and others.
    • Gary and Desiree (the owners of GXE) are super-nice and sell soda, water, food at the store... please buy from them to show your support of their allowing us to play there.
    • Again, relax and just have fun- that is what we are all there for!

Also, Pathfinder Society is just like almost any other hobby in that what you get out of it will depend on the effort you are willing to put into it. Try to read up ahead of time to avoid frustration... again, nobody expects you to know every rule, but please try to "do your homework" and take a look through the beginner section of this forum- there is a LOT of good advice there that folks have taken the time to put together and it is free for the taking. :-)[/list]
    « Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 09:20:25 am by Whiskey Jack »

Whiskey Jack

• 2 Star GM
    • Pathfinder
      Attack Member
      • View Profile
    « Reply #22 on: November 02, 2012, 09:11:31 am »
    Ok, folks! Here we are, the day before another GXE Game Day!!!  :D I know our GMs are excited about presenting some good adventure for you all and looking forward to seeing you all there tomorrow. I have a few reminders for everyone coming...

• Please try to be on time. We muster at 12:30 and we want to roll dice at 1. Usually we don't have too many issues with this, but it is worth repeating.
    • Please support GXE by buying your drinks and food from them... bringing your own food and drink is not prohibited (that I know of), but could be construed as disrespectful.
    • Bring all your characters with you. I say this because we may end up having to shuffle tables a little and the added flexibility of having someone able to play at a different tier than what they signed up for can be a life-saver and help us make legal tables. Thanks in advance for understanding.

WJ (Jason)

angryscrub

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2012, 02:39:40 pm »
    hmm, lessee if i can post in the right thread this time. i can bring my level 1 archaeologist bard to table 1

Rojolimar

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2012, 03:28:23 pm »
    Is there anything I need to know about creating my character? Like any limits to race or what I start with or whatever? I've created a character for another game before but I don't know if the same stuff applies...
    When it's just us, you show me what it feels to be lonely; you show me what it feels like to be lost. I take your hand for you to let it go.

Whiskey Jack

• 2 Star GM
    • Pathfinder
      Attack Member
      • View Profile
    « Reply #25 on: November 02, 2012, 05:36:17 pm »
    Is there anything I need to know about creating my character? Like any limits to race or what I start with or whatever? I've created a character for another game before but I don't know if the same stuff applies...

There are specific rules about character creation for Organized Play... you can read all of them in this free PDF Guide to Pathfinder Society Organized Play. There is too much for me to type here, but the PDF has just about all you need to know in it regarding character creation.

Kristie actually sums it up rather handily in that one thread I mentioned earlier... here is her post that gives a quick over-view.
    « Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 05:38:41 pm by Whiskey Jack »

mrnobody

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2012, 12:34:09 am »
    ooh, bard, guess I'll put that optional bit specific to musically-inclined back in
    Talkik the Grey (bard1/rogue1), Ayarsis of the Light (cleric1), Gizmet (rogue1), Adjanni Bei (monk1), Kardith the Unclean (sorceror1), Haltim Keedz (druid1), Ish Ganock (witch1), Kartarushk (evoker1), Arth Born in Blood (barbarian1)

Artaxerxees

• Pathfinder
      Attack Member
    • First God created Idiots, then there's DnD 4E!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #27 on: November 03, 2012, 11:12:20 am »
    Edward Sweeting 2-18 Forbidden Furnace of Forgotten Koor.  Without Jesse we make up a tenth level table, Jesse is therefore  Gravy. 
    Evelyn Bigglesworth 1/2 Elf Duelist 12, Galant 1/2 Elf Magus 9, Rocky Graniteslinger Dwarvin Cleric 6, Venox Phalanx Fighter 3, Mayhem Alchemist 3, Preacher Galliant Paladin 2, Foodstuff Bard Prankster 1, Smog Fire Elementalist 1

Whiskey Jack

• 2 Star GM
    • Pathfinder
      Attack Member
      • View Profile
    « Reply #28 on: November 04, 2012, 09:21:27 am »
    Need additional info...

Lawrence, for your table I need to know which faction Thepheus belonged to. Also, for Selene and Celeste, I reported them as Scarzni (because I thought that was what they were...). If that is incorrect, let me know.

Reporting is in for these events.

mrnobody

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2012, 11:24:44 pm »
    Thanks for the folks who jumped to table 1 to fill it up for play.  had a great time
    Talkik the Grey (bard1/rogue1), Ayarsis of the Light (cleric1), Gizmet (rogue1), Adjanni Bei (monk1), Kardith the Unclean (sorceror1), Haltim Keedz (druid1), Ish Ganock (witch1), Kartarushk (evoker1), Arth Born in Blood (barbarian1)