Author Topic: September 1st 2012 Game Day - Pompano Beach, FL  (Read 7833 times)

Whiskey Jack

• 2 Star GM
  • Pathfinder
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
September 1st 2012 Game Day - Pompano Beach, FL
« on: August 08, 2012, 09:09:05 am »
On September 1st, Gold Coast Pathfinders is hosting a game day at GXE (Geek Xtreme Entertainment) in Pompano Beach, FL.

The store website is at http://www.gxegames.com. Muster is at 12:30 and we start at 1pm sharp.

Event Code: 15639

12:30 - 5PM

Today is the day! If you are reading this and are capable of GMing a game (probably a tier 1-2) today instead of playing at the event, please let the organizers know once you arrive- we are going to have very, very full tables and would prefer to have four tables of four over three tables of 6 (or Aroden-forbid, 7). Thanks everyone who has signed up- let's roll!

Table One (Tier 1-5) #3-01: The Frostfur Captives
Players:
1. Andre - ? 1
2. Rachel - Ranger 3
3. Moxie - Fighter 1
4. AngryScrub - Rogue 1
5. MrNobody - Cleric 1
6. Mike - ? 1

Table Two (Tier 1-5) #3-21: The Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment
Players:
1. Edward - Paladin 2
2. Dennis - Monk 2
3. Kristy - Ranger 1
4. Alex - Ranger 1
5. Lucius - Ranger 1
6. Nathan - Cleric 1

Table Three (Tier 1) First Steps - an introductory PFS adventure.
Players:
1. Takashi - Fighter 1
2. Luke -Rogue 1
3. Fenton - Wizard 1
4. Alex - Cleric 1
5. Christina - ? 1

Please Note:
If you would like to reserve a slot for one of these scenarios, please respond below saying which scenario you want to play, your name, your character class, and your level. You donít need to reserve a slot, but it will guarantee you a spot to play. As our game days grow, it is becoming increasingly important to sign up ahead of time. With ample warning (such as signing up at least three days before the event), we can often increase the number of tables being run. We will be keeping table size maxed at 6 and will not be running 7 player tables.

If you have any questions post below or send a forum message to Jason Kraft (Whiskey Jack)

Geek Extreme Entertainment
2501 NW 17th Lane, Unit A
Pompano Beach, FL 33064
954-591-8855
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 08:44:54 am by Whiskey Jack »

Whiskey Jack

• 2 Star GM
  • Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
Re: September 1st 2012 Game Day - Pompano Beach, FL
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 08:40:25 am »
Updated with a preliminary scenario list... may change- still working with other GMs on this. These are primarily Season Three scenarios. Again, if there is something you want to see run, post here.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 08:55:56 am by Whiskey Jack »

Artaxerxees

• Pathfinder
    Attack Member
  • First God created Idiots, then there's DnD 4E!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 05:20:23 pm »
Edward Paladin 2, Dennis Cleric 2, for this mod Table Two (Tier 1-5) #3-21: The Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment OR ?.
Evelyn Bigglesworth 1/2 Elf Duelist 12, Galant 1/2 Elf Magus 9, Rocky Graniteslinger Dwarvin Cleric 6, Venox Phalanx Fighter 3, Mayhem Alchemist 3, Preacher Galliant Paladin 2, Foodstuff Bard Prankster 1, Smog Fire Elementalist 1

Pike

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 01:54:46 pm »
I think a large group of us will be at Dragoncon during this weekend.

wyrdhunter

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 04:10:53 pm »
Please add Kristy and myself for table 2. Both level 1 (not sure if both Ninjas or Rogues -- I'll post once they're completed).
Kestrel - Swordsman for the Light (13)
Skarre the Damned - Weapon of Cheliax (6)
Selene - Gypsy Ninja (6)
Besra the Sparrow - Celestial Archer (7)
Shayera - Talon of the Lord of Owls (2)

Carelessfool

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 11:40:02 pm »
Please add Lucius to table 2 Level 1 Ranger

Artaxerxees

• Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 02:42:49 am »
To table two, please add Tim Sorcerer 1
Evelyn Bigglesworth 1/2 Elf Duelist 12, Galant 1/2 Elf Magus 9, Rocky Graniteslinger Dwarvin Cleric 6, Venox Phalanx Fighter 3, Mayhem Alchemist 3, Preacher Galliant Paladin 2, Foodstuff Bard Prankster 1, Smog Fire Elementalist 1

Whiskey Jack

• 2 Star GM
  • Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2012, 09:08:22 am »
To table two, please add Tim Sorcerer 1

Is his name really "Tim" or are there just those who call him that?  :) Does he do ecentric performances regarding vorpal bunnies?

BTW, we have picked up another volunteer GM who will be doing "We Be Goblins!" for interested parties. Table two is *full*.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 09:14:02 am by Whiskey Jack »

Moxie

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2012, 09:41:44 pm »
Hi. I am Moxie. I will be playing a level 1 fighter named Grim. Will you please sign me up for table 1, on Sept 1. Oh what is staring gold, and how are you handaling starting ability scores?

Fromper

• Pathfinder
    Attack Member
  • One Star GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2012, 11:14:38 pm »
Hi. I am Moxie. I will be playing a level 1 fighter named Grim. Will you please sign me up for table 1, on Sept 1. Oh what is staring gold, and how are you handaling starting ability scores?
It's all Pathfinder Society Organized Play (PFSOP), so the standardized rules from Paizo apply. Here's the web site that gives all the details on that. The most important part is to download the free Guide to Pathfinder Society Organized Play, which explains the Society rules and answers questions like that.

But the short answers to your specific questions are that PFS characters are all 20 point build, and start with 150 gp.

It's worth noting that you can only play the races from the Core Rulebook, along with the recently added options of playing a tiefling, aasimar, or tengu. You can use most things from Paizo published content, with some restrictions, which can be found on the Additional Resources page.

It's a lot to take in at first, so feel free to ask lots of questions, and not just in the GXE section of these forums. This entire Florida PFS site is dedicated to Pathfinder Society play specifically, not just the Pathfinder role playing game, so everyone around here knows all about PFS. Or you can ask questions on the paizo.com forums, and you'll get even more people answering you from around the world. One of the great things about Society play is that it is standardized, so everyone's playing by the same "house rules".

Mash - Shadow Lodge Barbarian 13
Isabella - Silver Crusade Cleric 6
Yzarctihstab - Taldor Gnome Sorcerer 4
Qassir - Qadiran Dervish/Rogue/Halfling Opportunist 3
Corin - Andoran Bard 2
Azkadellia - Sczarni Sorceress 2
Seamus - Grand Lodge Halfling Cleric 1
Nagagorjo - Lantern Nagaji Battle Oracle 1

Whiskey Jack

• 2 Star GM
  • Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 09:07:31 am »
Moxie, got you added to table 1. Fromper, thanks for the assist with the description of what needs to be done to get started!

Artaxerxees

• Pathfinder
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2012, 01:43:35 pm »
Is his name really "Tim" or are there just those who call him that?  :) Does he do ecentric performances regarding vorpal bunnies?

BTW, we have picked up another volunteer GM who will be doing "We Be Goblins!" for interested parties. Table two is *full*.

His name is "Tim" he is a Sorcerer in real life that casts fireball so be nice to him.  I wouldn't mention the bunny at the store,  I don't want to be singed, LOL. Really, his name is Tim, I don't know what the actual characters name is.  Go easy on him this is his first time beyond one other mod. I know, I imagine a guy named Tim playing a sorcerer is gonna get some flack.

Note: I was going to name my Bard "Moxie" after the drink and the famous saying but, at the last second I had second thoughts and named him 50 copper.

If the mod Pathfinder Module: Dawn of the Scarlet Sun (PFRPG) is ever gonna be run please post it. I would love to go through it I have a sixth level Cleric. It is mentioned as one of the mods in the Events page to be played.  You can as I can recollect play a sixth or fourth level character in a fifth level mod.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 02:30:12 pm by Artaxerxees »

wyrdhunter

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2012, 10:29:07 pm »
You can change our "?" to Ranger for me and Kristy. We're not really hippy, foresty, granola eating, animal loving Rangers but that's how these builds mechanically start out. We're actually Sword Dancing Varisian sisters...   ;D
Kestrel - Swordsman for the Light (13)
Skarre the Damned - Weapon of Cheliax (6)
Selene - Gypsy Ninja (6)
Besra the Sparrow - Celestial Archer (7)
Shayera - Talon of the Lord of Owls (2)

angryscrub

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2012, 07:12:43 pm »
i've never done pathfinder society play before, but i'll give it a try. i should just download the guide and create a character? i guess put me down for table one with a rogue. maybe a rogue.

mrnobody

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2012, 12:11:02 pm »
In the organized play are monks or bards allowed?
Talkik the Grey (bard1/rogue1), Ayarsis of the Light (cleric1), Gizmet (rogue1), Adjanni Bei (monk1), Kardith the Unclean (sorceror1), Haltim Keedz (druid1), Ish Ganock (witch1), Kartarushk (evoker1), Arth Born in Blood (barbarian1)